romantic place | cozy mountain huts | Alps panorama
Due to its scenic uniqueness, Turracher Höhe offers visitors a wide range of wonderful recreational opportunities that makes: not too strenuous mountain walks around lake Turracher See or along a series of well-marked hiking paths through stone pine forests.Those seeking to fully live the Turracher Höhe mountain experience in a group will be happy about the Alm Butler service offered.
Varied mountain and hiking experience
The 3-Lakes Trail is a gentle, well-signposted circular trail (around 2 hours, 7.2 km) that takes visitors to the most scenic spots at Turracher Höhe and is both an educational trail and a sensory trail.
Turracher variety of possibilities
Typical of this high plateau is the variety of possibilities that you can enjoy here as a guest:
- 3-Lakes trail
- Extensive hiking and mountain trails
- Running checkpoint with three attractive running and Nordic walking routes
- Mountain bike trails
- “Nocky Flitzer” – all-year toboggan run
- Two lifts in summer: Kornockbahn & Panoramabahn
- Fishing in Lake Turracher
- tennis court
- Nockalmstrasse through the Nockberge National Park
- Karlbad – natural sheep bath in the national park
- Montan Museum “Wood & Iron” in Turrach
- Heidialm on the Falkert
- Reptile Zoo in Patergassen
- Rafting on the Mur
- Mur Cycle Path
- Horse riding & trail riding in Bad Kleinkirchheim
- 13 golf courses can be reached in 15 to 90 minutes by car;
- the closest of these is in Bad Kleinkirchheim (15 minutes by car)
- Museum “Alpin + Art + Gallery”
- Small mountain church
Diversity on the mountain
Between the end of May and November, the Turracherhöhe with its almost 1,800 m altitude is a perfect place for mountain lovers. Typical of the Turracherhöhe is the interaction of mountain and lake. Turracher See, Schwarzsee and Grünsee are the names of the three idyllic mountain lakes that make the Turracherhöhe so unique.
Austria’s largest pine forest
Austria’s largest stone pine forest stretches around the Turracherhöhe. The pine trees are a special and rare representative of coniferous trees. Their habitat is bound to the altitude zones around the tree line. They are particularly robust, extremely cold-resistant, slow-growing and up to 1000 years old.
Excellent pollen-free mountain air
The Turracherhöhenluft is of particularly good quality, crystal clear and pollen free. Especially allergic persons enjoy this fact.